Quick, think of a fruit-filled cocktail! We can almost guarantee that the first drink that came to your mind was a bright red, frosty strawberry margarita. Few things are as refreshing and delightful on a hot day as a frozen daiquiri.
For this recipe, you’ll be using two types of strawberries: fresh and frozen. Using frozen strawberries let’s you skip the ice and makes the drink smooth and never watery. The fresh strawberries add extra flavor and keep the drink from being too thick. After trying these, you’ll have to keep yourself from breaking out the blender every Summer afternoon.
If you love this drink, then we think you’ll really love our Strawberry
Have you made this yet? Let us know how it went in the comments below.
There are different flavors and types of daiquiris. While the classic daiquiri is a simple lime a
sour on the rocks, many enjoy a more modern twist on the traditional – the frozen, blended daiquiri. These delicious blended cocktails are a favorite in the summer months when the temperatures soar.
A frozen strawberry daiquiri is a perennial favorite, particularly during the month of June when strawberries are in season.
If you don’t like seeds, puree the raspberries with the lime juice first and then strain the remove the seeds. Combine the puree with all the other ingredients and blend until frothy
- 2 ounces lime syrup
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 to 4 large strawberries , sliced
EASY STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI
I am a total strawberry fanatic so it’s no surprise that I am loving this Easy Strawberry Daiquiri cocktail! The ingredients are simple but the combination is beyond delicious! Especially if you have sweet, ripe strawberries.
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI:
- Using frozen berries eliminates the need for ice. You still get that wonderful frozen slushie consistency without watering down the strawberry flavor.
- I also like to throw in a few fresh strawberries if I have them.
- You will also need fresh limes, simple syrup (which is just a combination of sugar and water that has been heated until the sugar melts) and some light.
Throw it all in the blender and you are good Fresh whole or sliced
, for garnish
For Best Results
Here are some suggestions to get the best daiquiri:
- Properly wash and hull fresh berries before mixing them into the drink. Slicing the fruit speeds up the mashing process, too.
- Use either fresh or frozen strawberries for this cocktail. Frozen fruit is a great choice for the blended version (use about 1/2 cup), while fresh strawberries are excellent for the shaken daiquiri.
- For the shaken strawberry daiquiri, serve it “up” or over fresh ice, but be sure to start out with a chilled cocktail or margarita glass. Since fresh strawberries are recommended, you will find it best to fine strain this cocktail. To do so, simply place a fine-mesh strainer over your glass as you’re straining. This will keep most of the strawberry chunks and tiny seeds out of your drink.
- Mix this drink with your favorite, any budget-friendly brand works well as the heavy fruit flavor means you don’t need the best to achieve a wonderful character.
- If your frozen drink is too thin, add a little more ice and blend again. Too thick? Add a splash of and blend.